With the 2019 NBA All Star weekend roughly a month away, we’ll soon learn which contestants will be participating in the annual slam dunk contest.
On Friday we learned that Donovan Mitchell won’t be one of them.
Donovan Mitchell called the decision “tough” to not defend his Slam Dunk title in Charlotte but said he was really tired after last year and struggled to catch up on rest afterward. “I just wanted to be able to be ready mentally and physically for my team,” he said. pic.twitter.com/LgDLEl3SZV
— Eric Woodyard (@E_Woodyard) January 18, 2019
I must admit this disappoints me. Although I can understand his decision, I was hoping we’d see Donovan defend the title and once again be the talk of all star weekend.
<