- Good lord this team is taking years off my life. Cards dug deep for this one.
- Louisville has consistently gone to switching defensive sets mid-possession this season to confuse the opponent, but eventually gave up the disguising act and reverted to man to man in order to contain the Cougars late.
- Kuric played all 40 minutes with Dieng following up with 38 minutes and Siva 34.
- Louisville had a very hard time getting comfortable when Charleston went to a zone defense.
- Louisville allowed the Cougars to finish the first half on a 12-2 run, but finished the second half 36-25 for the seven point victory.
- Kyle Kuric can lead this team into a deep tournament run and he has to be aggressive as he was against CofC. 13 shots for 17 points, 8 rebounds & 3 steals. Solid.
- With Swop only logging two minutes, Louisville basically played a seven man rotation with five finishing in double figures. Hell of a way to balance it out. Kuric (17), Dieng (14), Russ & Chane (12), and Chris Smith (11).
- I can’t seem to figure out why, but Louisville always seems to allow their opponents best player to do what they do. Wiggins finished for 23 points. That was likely in the scouting report.
- If the Cardinals expect to make a deep run, they must find a way to defend the three ball. That could make out to be the Achilles heel of this team.
- Louisville had 15 steals tonight. That is huge. Keep it up and that will be one of the attributes this team is known for.
- Lets be honest, most teams will not shoot over 52% from three-point land this season against the Cards, but hopefully those that do meet a similar feat.
- Numbers that standout: Siva 0-5 finishing with one point, Cards shot 43% from the free throw line (unacceptable), eight boards for Chane & Kuric, 5 steals for Russ & 5 blocks for Dieng.
Gorgui totalled his fourth straight double/double.
Louisville is now on a 19 game home win streak and is off to its best start since the 1974-75 season.
Preston Knowles is not walking through that door…