– Make A Statement: Although this team has looked much better than anyone expected, the win-loss record is right where we thought it would be. A win over the defending conference champion would show that this Louisville team is for real.
– Coach Strong Become The Favorite For Big East Coach Of The Year: This Louisville squad was predicted to be the worst team in the league by just about everyone. A win over the defending champs in his Big East debut would make the award his to lose.
– Zach Collaros Get Sacked: Collaros, has been sacked 18 times this year (8 times in one game). When he is not being sacked he is running for his life. The Cards lead the conference in sacks and are third in the country. If we can pressure Collaros that would really help slow down the Bearcat offense.
– A Great Passing Attack: The Bearcats run defense is the 11th best in the nation. It would be nice to go to the air with confidence. Graham, Chichester, Bellamy, and Andrell Smith all had touchdown catches last week, so this receiving group seems to have found it’s swagger.
– Papa Johns Cardinal Stadium Going Nuts: If you have not had the chance to attend a Friday night game at Papa Johns, your truly missing out. This is by no means a must win, but there hasn’t been a game with this much hype in a long time. It would be great to see the fans give the Cards that home-field advantage tonight.<