This Wichita State Fan Likes To Make Jokes About Kevin Ware’s Injury

dick for a nose

We all know it’s not fair to judge a fan base off of one idiot fan. Every fan base in the country has a dumb fan or two. I’ve personally never been to Wichita, KS., and have no plans to do so. In my twenty five years on this earth, I can honestly say that I’ve never met one Wichita State Shocker fan.

I had my first encounter with a Shocker fan earlier today on Twitter and if this guy is any representation of the Wichita State fan base, then I can only assume that they suck as people.

wichita state fan tweet

Making fun of a player for getting seriously injured is about as bad as it gets. I’d hate to judge the Shocker Nation off of this clown, but it’s hard not to. This is bad form and I’m not referring to the “Schocker” hand signal.

As the picture at the top of the post suggests, there may be a good reason for all of this “playing angry.”

About Nick Coffey

Nick Coffey
Nick Coffey is the creator and lead publisher for TheCardinalConnect.com. Along with covering Louisville basketball, football and recruiting, Nick has worked in sports talk radio for over three years.
  • KT

This guy is an absolute idiot, I would like to invite him to meet me in the parking lot… I will break both his legs while giving the shocker with louisville sluggers …we will see how funny that is

• cardshouse

Every fan base has jerks….Dick Face Shockers. Fortunately for Mr. Oz and Wicked Witch St., UofL does its talking on the court. That usually means kicking the crap out of our opponent (WITCH) will be you next. Now whats up with the eyelashes and appendage on that ugly mascot?

• Die Hard Card

I would be made too if I looked like Christopher Donner with them big fake ass cubic zirconias on and contacts…lmao…who does that…make all the jokes you want..you still live in Witchita and u still look like Donner…and u still using our player to get attention…so jokes all u want….lmao…at least let it be funny

• Jordan

What a cold hearted bitch i would like to tear open his skin and break his legs and pull out his bones to c how he likes it and plus kevin ware cant control how much media attention he gets. If a witchita st player broke his leg it would be the same publicity. Making fun of ware is like going up to a kid with autism and saying ur retarted it wouldnt be nice at all its hurtful. But i got no worries bc we will be national champs and wull whoop whitchita state by atleast 15, and ik im only fifteen years old but im telln the truth when i say we are the best sports program in the nation, i mean look mens and woemens basketball team in final four, were top five in thenation in soccer, were preseason top 10 in football, not to mention teddy bridgewater is a top 3 heisman candidate we beat florida when knowone said we would we had the biggest upset of all time when we beat baylor(defending national champs) and top 25 in baseball, also bigeast champs in volleyball so come on now, i think im speaking for all louisville fans when i say tom jurich is the best athletic director and best sports program in the country. Jurich u r doing a hell of a job #L1C4.

• Michael wray

I have an entire list of Facebook friends who are Cards fans that said worse about Noel’s injury. I went to UofL and after an experience will never cheer for them, but I extended respect for how the team rallied around Ware, only to get my inbox blown up with much of the same crap the shockers’ fan is giving ware.

• Nowka

Well man sounds like your friend’s are some true dicks. Maybe you should check who you hang with and how you make friends. Unfortunately you get associated with the people you hang around. Any person with a true heart would not make fun of an individual dealing with an injury.

• Taylor

How low can this guy really be such a scum of the earth obviously he doesn’t get how painful that injury really was

• davevsdave

I chuckled when i read those tweets, some of them were pretty funny (limbo). I don’t think this guy actually means any of this, he’s just busting our balls and making jokes. Ahhh! I can’t wait for this game on Saturday.

Also, that mascot certainly does have a dick on his face. hilarious. ha ha.

• http://www.twitter.com/walkerschwartz Walker

This idiot is not representative of anyone but his stupid sense of humor. He’s getting as much hate from the WSU fan base, right now, as he is from the UL fan base. If you want to take a look at what real WSU fans are like, check out http://www.twitter.com/shockerhoops

I hope the game is epic, tough, and clean on Saturday!

• southerncatfan

Let’s hope the security presence is heavy at the Georgia Dome. This type of mentality could stir up a lot of trouble.

• RoyalShock

Look at his tweets from Apr 2. Very respectful of Ware. Looks to me like his account got hacked.

• southerncatfan

Then perhaps he would be gracious enough to delete the comments he made?

• RoyalShock

I hope he does, but if he did get hacked, he’d have to regain control of it first.

• Kiran Rao

This guy probably sucks the shockers mascot’s nose too much

• Chris

Hope he knows that he’s just gonna add extra motivation for the Best Team in the tournament…Its gonna be nasty anways.

• EJ

Why on Earth would someone hack this guy’s account?

• Kathy

This guy is a real jerk!

• http://aol Dennis

We are not negative cardinals fans. I have always been told to take a negative and turn into
    positive, thanks for the motivation. Always remember what comes around, goes around.
    GET A LIFE!!!!!!

• StrongDefense

Who the !@#@! names their kid OZ? LMAO!

• JIm Gregory

Your right, this gut is an idiot.

Please go here to see how supportive true WSU fans have been about Kevin Ware’s horrific injury.

Leave a message…

Best
    Community

Lareina Saindon • 3 days ago

Kevin, I am so sorry you suffered such a devastating injury, but the tenacity that got you where you are, will get you through this! Get Well Soon!

weeshox • 3 days ago

Congrats on the Regional title win! Shocker Nation wishes you a speedy recovery!!

rustymutt • 3 days ago

God speed your healing Kevin. Many people, myself included, prayed for you when we saw this happen. God bless you.

OldSchool_Team • 3 days ago

Kevin,
    Best wishes with your healing and recovery. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. All Shocker fans are very glad to hear that your surgery went well and you are resting. We hope you are able to travel to Atlanta this weekend to be with your teammates.

Take Care and God Bless

maryl OldSchool_Team • 3 days ago

Saw it happen and couldn’t believe what seemed like a usually leap fall could have it that hard!! Bless you, looking forward to seeing you back on the court next season!!

prairie_dawg • 3 days ago

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Kevin from Shocker land.

nonsidesidera • 3 days ago

Sending all good thoughts and prayers your way! Hope the leg heals well.

pebeam • 3 days ago

Kevin, I talked about your case in class today with my nursing students. All 60 of my students, plus one instructor, wish you the very best. Speedy recovery from the School Of Nursing Adult I Medical/Surgical class at WSU.

Kingbear • 3 days ago

Kevin you are in our prayers

kenbarbie3 • 3 days ago

Good luck Kevin on your recovery. You are big, strong, young guy, you will come back better than ever if you do your physical therapy. Having gone through and ACL I know if you do what you’re told with any injury, it can often turn out that you are stronger and more prepared than ever before. Be strong, believe in yourself and always look forward.

Joanna Stamman Chadwick • 3 days ago

My three sons were miffed I didn’t mention how sad they were to see you suffer. They were touched by the love your teammates showed for you and your strength as you encouraged your team. Blake, Cooper and Gavin are ‘your biggest fans.’

Lizzie • 3 days ago

I hope to see you on the Louisville bench when our teams face each other on Saturday. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

wsushocker12 • 3 days ago

Wishing you a speedy and full recovery Mr. Ware!

sjb2313 • 3 days ago

Get well soon, the world is wishing you a speedy recovery!! God Bless.

krystal • 3 days ago

I pray your leg heals very quickly and you can be back to playing the game you love in just a few months. Best wishes from Wichita!

Fear_The_Wheat • 3 days ago

Get well soon, young man!
    1 1

KC • a day ago

Praying for a swift and complete recovery!

ksfarmgirl64 • 2 days ago

Wishing you a full and speedy recovery, Kevin. Looking forward to seeing you back in action soon. You are truly an inspiration.

Rebecca • 2 days ago

You are in my thoughts and prayers, Kevin Ware. You handled yourself so strongly in the midst of your injury. No doubt, you will carry that same strength with you throughout your recovery and rehab. Keep your spirits up and stay positive, I am currently rehabing a spiral fracture in my tibia and fibula, the best things are supportive family, friends, and team. Know that you’ve got tremendous love from all over the country…I wish you a speedy recovery!

Ryan W. Gates • 2 days ago

I hope for a speedy recovery Kevin Ware, you will be missed on Saturday. Your telling your teammates and coaches to get back to work shows how unselfish of a player you are and how you are personally a champion.

Nancy • 2 days ago

Get well soon! Hope you are good as new as quickly as possible and get back to the basketball courts.

Josh H. • 2 days ago

I must say, as a lifelong Card fan (living in Louisville), you people sure are some class acts! Though I wouldn’t expect anyone to “revel” in any player, for any team, getting injured. But from Card Nation and Planet Red, we’re definitely happy that you all have made it this far – after the successes of the last decade, I think that it’s hard to call Wichita State a “mid-major” or any kind of “Cinderella,” at this point!

Best of luck – let’s hope for an exciting game, and that whomever wins, Syracuse/Michigan goes down, in the finals!

obiwan • 2 days ago

Mr Ware, Sorry for your injury and praying for a good and rapid recovery.

Kmpierce • 2 days ago

Kevin
    Here’s to a speedy recovery! You are in my thoughts and prayers!

EastAce67 • 2 days ago

Wishing you the very best. We’re glad that you can at least be at the tournament, but we know you’d rather be playing. Give thanks for your marvelous skills and that you WILL be back.

Nyla LaMar • 2 days ago

So sorry about your horrific injury! I am sure many fans are sending their best wishes for a speedy recovery! Just letting you know you are in my thoughts and prayers and look forward to seeing you sitting on the bench with your team mates and will be cheering for you. I am sure you will recover from this injury and come back stronger than ever. God speed!

rockchalk • 2 days ago

We Wichitans won’t be rooting for your team on Saturday, but we are most
    definitely rooting for YOU, Kevin! Tough times don’t last, but tough people do!

traceejen • 2 days ago

Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

cheryl fleming photography • 2 days ago

Our thoughts and prayers go out to you Kevin, your family, your team family… that you have peace and healing abounds as you recover from this unfortunate accident while playing a sport you love. May we find Grace for Each Moment!

Marc Sundook • 3 days ago

Kevin, I had a very similar injury to yours some 26yrs ago. I was playing basketball at a small school in the northeast and suffered a compound fracture of my tib & fib on my right leg going up for a layup. I was 19yrs old. I had a titanium rod inserted in my leg. I can tell you that I am now 45yrs old and have have no problems w/ my leg at all. I am very active. The most difficult part will not be the physical recovery but the mental part. Remember your leg, the bone, is going to heal as strong as it ever was and the chances of something like this happening again is extremely rare. I have no doubt you will make a full recovery and be back playing next season. Best of luck to you.

ijusthavetosay • 3 days ago

Kevin – From everything I see and read you have handled your shocking injury with the utmost integrity and truly amazing fortitude.
    Take the next year to get strong and keep that wonderful attitude! God speed. We love you!

Kansas transplant in Michigan • 3 days ago

Best wishes on a speedy recovery. You have already been an inspiration to all of us on how to respond in a postive manner to life’s rocky road! Looking forward to your return to the hardwood.

elm312 • 3 days ago

Kevin,
    Sorry for your injury. Hope your recovery is complete. My prayers are with you and your family.

John Cooney • 3 days ago

Kevin, I found this ‘digital get well card’, and wanted to share my Facebook post today:

So glad to hear Kevin Ware is already up and about.

I suffered the same injury 20 years ago, I lost control while trying
    ‘bump’ skiing for the first time (always been a downhiller) and had the
    same surgery. I remember the sight of my contorted leg, and for him to
    root on his team while being hauled away is a real act of courage.

Cheers to Kevin, and God Speed.

Tom • 3 days ago

I just broke my leg the other day. Hopefully we will be out of our casts this summer. God bless!

Renee G. • 3 days ago

I cringed when I saw what happened. Get better soon! :( I can’t even imagine the pain you went through.

disqus_zmUyKcBfKU • 3 days ago

why

MoHousdon • 3 days ago

Kevin, get well soon. Praying for restored strength and healing for you.

foodie7 • 3 days ago

Those in Wichita wish you well, Kevin.

miranda • 3 days ago

Kevin,

Thoughts and prayers are with you brother. Keep your chin up, you’ll be back on the floor before you know it. Shocker Nation is praying for a full and speedy recovery.

ShockerMom12 • 3 days ago

North Dakota Shocker fans wish you a full and speedy recovery!

Lynne Tory Callison • 3 days ago

Thoughts and prayers go out to you ! I wish you a speedy recovery !!!

Gladys Gheesling • 3 days ago

Many Blessings, Kevin. Get well soon.

IchabodHornetJayhawk • 3 days ago

At the moment of your terrible injury, all our thoughts and prayers turned toward your recovery. A game takes a back seat to the observer. We reach out to you wanting you to know we hope for a full recovery, restoration to health and a return to a game you love so much. We pray your recovery is quick and no infection arises from the severe open wound you suffered. Stay strong and focused on getting back to full mobility and returning to your team. You are fortunate to have the love of your teammates as our Shocker nation sees this kind of brotherhood among our players. Best to you and your family, who I know had to be just horrified at what they saw occur yesterday. I am glad your team played on and were victorious against Duke…and that your Women’s team took out Baylor, too.

Carolyn Speer Schmidt • 3 days ago

Kevin,

Good luck with your recovery! Trust your physical therapists and know that everyone in Wichita is pulling for you.

Christy Fell • 3 days ago

Get Well Kevin!!! Here is to a speedy recovery! God Bless!

wsonics • 3 days ago

Kevin God bless you. We’re praying for a speedy recovery for you. Shocker Nation salutes you!

markq_99 • 3 days ago

Man…

that was a tough shot, but hang in there and work thru the pain. You will come back and we will be there to cheer you on.For today and this year, GO SHOX!!

Michele Graves • 3 days ago

Get well! I’m sorry for the pain you have had to go through but I’m sure you will be up and playing very soon!

WSU_DAP • 3 days ago

Kevin, Congratulations to you and your team for earning the regional title! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

bk54 • 3 days ago

I was just getting Easter dinner on the table when I ran to see why my family was gasping. As the parents of five athletes, one of whom had just gotten injured in a game Saturday, my (former college athlete) husband and I feel deeply for you and understand what a long road to recovery you will travel, but we are praying that your superlative physical condition will speed your healing.

Brookenoelle • 3 days ago

Kevin, praying for your recovery & patient endurance as your body mends. Hated seeing that happen to you and I trust God is using this horrific thing for something beautiful in His kingdom! Persevere in the pain.

William Charles Hutcheson • 3 days ago

Been there done that. God is the great physician ask for his healing in your life and leg. Proverbs 3:5,6 are your verses of hope today. Larry Mahan, rodeo champion, had this motto at his bronc riding school, “Every adversity is the seed to a greater benefit”. May God give you rapid and complete healing!

Joanna Stamman Chadwick • 3 days ago

My husband is a diehard Louisville fan, and we were all praying for you. Saturday we will be wearing our WSU T-shirts (except for my husband) and cheering for Louisville.

bigtone67207 • 3 days ago

Kevin, Prayers and well wishes for your speedy recovery. Hope all goes well for you & your family and most certainly hope to see ya on the court next season. Stay the course and continue to stay after it in your rehab.

A Shocker fan

wu_wichita • 3 days ago

Kevin, our thoughts & prayers are with you! May you have a full and speedy recovery!

Guest • 3 days ago

Kevin, thoughts and prayers are with you and wishing you a speedy and full recovery!

john schaar • 3 days ago

I wish you a speedy recovery!!!!!

StephUIU • 3 days ago

Kevin,
    Wishing you a successful and speedy recovery. Everyone knows you have the spirit to do so.

shockers • 3 days ago

God Bless and get well soon…Hope to see you play in the future in the NBA…The Brown family from Shocker Nation

edlind • 3 days ago

Kevin…Please know that ALL of the Wichita State Shocker fans are praying for your recovery from your injury. You are truly an inspiration to EVERYONE! We know you will heal physically, but your team needs your moral support…that, my friend, will carry them forward. Please know that, even though I’ll be rooting for my Shockers and against your team, I will ALWAYS be on your side in life! May God bless you and wrap his healing arms around you!

Pundit4Life • 3 days ago

Kevin,
    Blessings on a speedy and full recovery.

ConservativeDemo • 3 days ago

Sorry about your injury. Joyful on the news of your progress alreay. God bless and heal you completely.

Willie • 3 days ago

May God bless you with His healing hand. We are praying for your full recovery.

Ratrod38 • 3 days ago

Get Well Kevin!!!

Leon Drouhard • 3 days ago

What a message from a great player “Win the Game”. Win the healing process Kevin. This Shocker fan wishes you complete recovery and return to the game you love! LeonD

Ashley Timmons • 3 days ago

Get well soon! Thoughts and prayers are with you! Best of luck on a 100% recovery!

Tanya Shryock • 3 days ago

Dear Kevin,
    Your folks raised an excellent young man! Your leadership calmed your teammates, your coach, and the nation. Prayers for a speedy recovery are being sent from our house to yours. God bless you!

jim • 3 days ago

Kevin, best wishes on a 100% recovery and then back to basketball. We’ll be rooting for your future.

Brave21Hawk • 3 days ago

Kevin, you are truly an inspiration to many around the country as well as your team, coaches, and fans. We all hope that you can have a full recovery and some day be able to play the game which has given you so much so far. Best wishes and God bless.

kraram • 3 days ago

Kevin, glad to hear you are up and around. May you heal quickly and many prayers for you. Kirk

slmorey • 3 days ago

Best of luck in your recovery, Kevin. Hope it is speedy!

Cheryl • 3 days ago

Get well and strong to play many more basketball games. Thoughts with you as you recover.

hroesler • 3 days ago

May your healing restore you to the full measure of your God-given ability.

Sarah Ince • 3 days ago

Your a courageous young man, Our thoughts and prayers are with you!

sann0969 • 3 days ago

Thoughts and Prayers!!!! Wish you a rapid recovery and going to miss watching you play this weekend. :) God Bless!!!!!!

Wayne Newkirk • 3 days ago

God Speed your healing Kevin. You have the heart of a champion. Best Wishes

Pam Moreno • 3 days ago

Kevin, we’re rooting for you and seeing a very rapid recovery. Wild how these crazy accidents happen. Hang in there; focus on good coming forth; keep your chin up! Basketball fans in Winfield, KS

sugarpiej • 3 days ago

Courage, grace and humility under fire! You’re a class act, and you obviously have a bright future, regardless of which direction you take. Do what your doctors tell you so that your future will be long as well as bright. You now have an opportunity to be a leader that kids can look up to. Please consider blogging about your progress. It would give you a chance to lead others, before you’re back in the game again, and give them hope. Warmest wishes!

d1rtyjack • 3 days ago

I hope you heal and make a full recovery. I can tell how important you are to your team by their reactions after your injury, and it was rather touching. My prayers for you and your family! You’ll understand if I don’t send too many to your team- maybe one or two :)

disqus_oW4LQ7hVa3 • 3 days ago

Sending you prayers of strength and healing. Wishing you a speedy recovery

414vickynichols • 3 days ago

Prayers for a miracle recovery & God to comfort you during your healing time. I’m a WSU fan and will miss seeing you play Saturday, best of luck in the coming months of rehab, my prayers are with you.

McKansas • 3 days ago

Terrible accident, great grit to continue to cheer your team. Even though I’m a Shocker fan I don’t want to see any player injured as badly as you were in your game against Duke. I hope your leg heals perfectly and your rehab on it goes great. My thoughts will be with you in your frustration in not being able to play in game Saturday. Best wishes!

John Joseph Mesh • 3 days ago

Prayers, hopes, wishes and thoughts for you Kevin!!

Amelia Johnson • 3 days ago

Wishing you a speedy recovery!!

Summer Winn Magyar • 3 days ago

God be with you in this time of healing. My prayers are with you.

Eddie • 3 days ago

Been there Kevin. Broke in 5 pieced when I was 31. Took 6 months on crutches (but I was a lot older than you).. But I have been back on the ball field for years. Its tough but if you made it this far you know tough. Good Luck young man

• WWJD

I’m a uk fan and I find this very sick and sad what is this world coming to, why do this is sad a player gets hurt and others trash him why why?

• http://aol Dennis

Mr. Oz
    Get a life low life!

• http://aol Dennis

Mr. Oz,
    Go ride your mascot nose from the rear!!!!

• Ict.350z

As a diehard Wichita State fan I apologize for this idiot. I’m a huge Shoclker fan and everyone I’ve talked to has the nothing but absolute respect for Louisville. Amazing team, clean program and a well deserving future Hall of Fame coach. This is the type of stuff I see go on between KU and K-State fans…lol. I heard the Wichita Alumni Association is making a big get well card and gift basket for Ware. Good luck tomorrow!